The world we live in has an increasing consciousness about the depleting environment. The more we learn about the perils of a degrading environment the more attempts are made to be eco friendly in all the aspects of life. Christmas time is that time of the year which is all about joy and love. Gifts are common for each other and people celebrate in their own ways. However the aspect of gifts also brings with it certain eco hazards such as plastic paper or simply those items that cause damage to the environment. Since we are trying to be eco friendly this article is about having an Eco friendly Christmas with gifts that are among the most affordable and also cause the minimum damage to the environment.
Some of the best eco friendly Christmas gift ideas
- Solar powered products:
We are faced with the problem of an ever decreasing energy source. A great solution for that could be the use of solar energy as a replacement from burning of fossil fuel or electricity powered by burning coal. So you can gift your loved one a solar powered gadget of which there is plenty in the markets. For instance you could give them a solar powered charger or a solar powered speaker. Solar cookers too can be a great eco friendly gift.
- Energy efficient products: This is a gift that not only makes for a nice eco friendly present but also saves some money for the person you gift it to. There are many energy efficient products which are among the most affordable gifts that you can get someone. These energy efficient products can be anything from a fancy light or an energy efficient scooter.
- The reusable gifts:
One of the major problems behind the massive pollution levels under the sea and the huge quantities of junk is the lack of reusable items on earth. Discarding when the use is over is a dangerous trend that just adds on to the amount f garbage. So among the smartest of Christmas gift ideas can be considered the value of reusable gifts. They can be pretty much anything from fancy glass bottles and mason jars with steel straws. In case you are looking for something of more value you can opt for bamboo crockery, fancy fiber bags etc. These gifts will not only help the environment but also be an effective means of putting a smile on the face of your loved one.
- Products that assure fair trade: There are many such companies that give you an assurance that the trade practices adopted are fair. They abide by vegan concepts and also ensure that no animals are hurt during the making of the product. These companies are also the ones to abide by the government guidelines and do not abuse the environment. They are the way to the future and one of the most eco friendly gifts would be if you pick such a company to buy the gift for the loved one.
- Companies that assure a donation for environment:
These too are plentiful with claims of giving a share of their profits for environmental causes. A smart idea is to plan your gifts from here. That way apart from a nice gift that you would have purchased, you would also give a fair contribution for the betterment of the environment. The idea of an organic gift is as good as choosing one that would delve in an environmental cause.
- Exotic potted plants: The eco friendly Christmas is never complete with the right amounts of green. A great gift keeping in mind the environment can be a potted plant. It could be an exotic herb or a flower and will make for a great addition to the collection of your loved one. Just make sure that you choose a plant that grows in the weather and climatic conditions of that region.
- The wrapping of the gift:
Your idea is to help the environment and you have done everything possible to pick a gift that is environmentally friendly. But if the wrapping aspect is not paid attention to all your good work could be for nothing. So avoid materials such as plastic or paper in the wrapping. If at all you must use paper use the recyclable brown paper wraps. This may seem a bit dull and you can complete the eco friendly Christmas but adding some flowers to it or paint it in nice organic colors.
- Organic cologne: A lot of the best colognes available are all but a mixture of harmful chemicals and are surely not eco friendly. A great gift for an eco friendly Christmas could be a cologne that is made up of organic constituents. There are plenty of such products in the market and you can pick the best one for your loved one. This would make for a great gift that is also eco friendly.
- An e book:
If your loved one is an avid reader this is a complete gift for him or her. Books are great companions but the paper variants also mean that a large number of trees have to be felled for this purpose. You can pick an e book for your loved one where they can have a great read of their favorite books even on the go. The best part: it is completely in line with your eco friendly Christmas.
- Reusable travel kit: The partner who travels will greatly appreciate this gift. Select a kit which would not have to be discarded after travel. It may contain everything from towels to inflatable pillows and will be a treat to have during travels.
We hope that you now know how exactly to celebrate an eco friendly Christmas with such gifts that help the environment instead of causing damage. So pick your choice from the range of organic gift and eco friendly items on offer. Let us make a collective effort to make the world a better place to live in, without compromising on the gift giving spirit of Christmas.