Did you paint your house with lead-based enamel? If not as yet, but planning to do so, try for an alternative. It may poison your child. Children face more serious risks from lead exposure than adults, as growing bodies are very sensitive to the effects of lead. And house paint is the immediate source exposing the child a maximum period in a day. In addition, children’s hand-to-mouth activities increase the chances for lead to enter their bodies. And it has been found that lead-based paint is a common source of lead poisoning in children. Our environment provides innumerable sources that risk lead poisoning. To add to the risk, lead does not decompose or rot, staying in place for a long time.
Via: Journal Star