On World Water Day 2006, City Hippy has provided us with 10 things you can do to conserve water:
2. Put a brick in your toilet cistern if you can and save upto a third with each flush.
3. Even better, if it’s yellow let it mellow – don’t flush for the quick visits.
4. To drink cold water don’t run the tap: just fill a bottle and refrigerate to chill.
5. Don’t buy bottled water – moving water around in plastic bottles wastes an awful lot of water. Buy a Sigg like we did.
6. “If everyone in England and Wales turned off the tap while brushing
their teeth, it would be enough water to supply more than 600,000 homes
every day,” Environment Agency. Nuff said.
7. Wash your car with a single bucket of water to soap and one more bucket to rinse.
8. Cut down the number of baths you take.
9. If you have a pool or a hot tub, well, frankly, you know what I am gonna say.
10. Finally, the best thing you can do to conserve water is tell people
about the problem in the first place. Email someone else right now amd
tell them about it…feel free to point them to this article for more
Via: City Hippy