The forms of working have undergone sea changes in the last decade. While previously the conventional jobs meant you had to go to the workplace every day, which is not the case anymore. In fact with rising instances of people working from home are surfacing and freelancers are increasing in numbers by the day. Actually it lends your life the perfect balance where you can manage both your work life and the household at the same time. It also is a scope to invest your time in other things. So in this article we decided that we will be telling you about some eco friendly business option and how the aspect of working from home will not only benefit you but also the environment.
Steps to follow to go eco friendly in business
- Look for a job:
In the most ideal scenario we would have recommended that you request your supervisor for a chance to work from home. But chances are that such a thing may not materialize and you may have to search for one of the most sustainable jobs. This is your first step that you would take while attempting to go eco friendly in business.
- Designate a workspace: A workspace is extremely important and you have to get it right even if you are working from home. This has to be one of those places where you can sit for long hours and concentrate on your work without having to worry about any other troubles. Ensure that the workspace that you chose has a lot of air and sunlight in it and it should be a place where you are comfortable sitting at a stretch for hours.
- Choose the right desk:
Do not get carried away by the attractive wooden furniture as there is a lot more to see. Since you chose to be working from home and assuming you have certain environmental concerns do not use the regular wooden furniture. Learn more about it and then select one that you are sure is made of sustainable wood.
- Power up: You do need power at your workplace and that does not have to come at the cost of the environment. Instead of buying a brand new computer or other electronic appliances, you can get one simply by buying beforehand. Reused products also help save the environment alongside saving your expenses. If you at all decide to buy a new one, make a sustainable choice by picking one that is compliant with the energy saving norms.
- Have healthy practices:
Apart from using the general eco friendly furniture and other items, you can have other healthy practices such as that of commuting by a bus or a cycle.
- Go paperless:
If you are looking for an eco friendly business option, you should use no paper. If at all you must use some, make sure that it is recycled paper. With the era of digitization in full swing, this is not the most difficult thing to do. Go paperless and make a difference to the struggling environment.
How working from home makes your life and the environment better
- Helps in immense conservation of energy:
While working from home one of the first and foremost advantages are that the energy needs immediately decrease. You no longer need the fuel used for commutation purposes and you also do not spark an increased need for extending the highways and the expressways at the cost of the greenery. If more and more people start working from home there would be a considerable decrease in the energy demands. This is also because an office usually uses up a lot more electrical appliances than one would normally need at home. At home you have the choice of using the most minimum resources and you can choose your appliances to be energy efficient.
- Both money and time are saved: When an average individual leaves home at 9AM for work and reaches at 10, one hour is lost just in the commutation. Add to this the fact that he would also have to return home spending an hour and you have two precious hours wasted every day just in commute. While working from home you have the choice of saving this time and investing it in work which would yield much better results.
- It promotes safety and health:The daily commute to work is a tiresome process and as per some statistics the average American spends twelve days every year in the overall commutation. Now apart from the obvious fact that it is very tiring you are also at risk of an accident at all times. This can even be life threatening. The daily tiredness can make your body weary and susceptible to many lifestyle diseases. You can easily avoid such conditions by choosing to work from home.
- Spend a quality family time: The modern man is pretty much a machine functioning as per the needs of his employer. Under such trying conditions there hardly is any room for spending a good quality time with one’s own family. Family is however extremely important part of your life and you are morally bound to give them some your time. If you are working from home, you can always have a lot of free time for your family, you would be living life on your terms and yet be making money. Even if initially the money seems less than the conventional job remember that it is still worth it because you have your family’s support.
Everyone is in love with the concept of everything in one. The option to be able to work from home is one such thing where there are all positives. Make this sustainable choice by picking the most sustainable jobs or at least ones that allow you to lead life sustainably even if it is only in the workspace. Put all that you learnt to good use and become better citizens of the world.