Living an eco friendly life is a current trend among people as now we are beginning to understand the importance of a sustainable environment and what possible impact it could have on our children’s life, if we continue to tamper it with new technology and comfort. This is the main reason people are adopting a green lifestyle to conserve the nature and at the same time, live in harmony and comfort. Installing a solar energy system, rainwater harvesting, geothermal system, etc. are some of the ways to ensure you save the environment along with reducing your energy and water consumption. However, all this proves really expensive.
If you are also thinking of choosing a sustainable lifestyle without breaking your budget, then we have brought you some budget friendly eco friendly tips that you can utilize to save your money and the environment simultaneously. These are very easy but effective budget based eco friendly ideas that would make you proud of yourself on a daily basis and that too without emptying your wallet.
- Make sure to use your thermostat wisely.
Don’t heat your house when no one’s there. Leave it at 68 degrees F when you are at home and 55 degrees when you are away.
- Turn off your lights when you leave the room. You will be surprised to know how much you can save your energy bill by this trivial idea.
- Many electrical appliances such as Television, DVD, stereos and coffee pot consumes energy even when not in use. Unplug them from the power. Use your stereos only when you require sound.
- Try shortening your shower time.
Take showers rather than baths. It only takes 5 minutes to thoroughly clean yourself and you can conserve water and your bill to a considerable amount.
- Replace your usual lights with energy efficient light bulbs. Using a compact fluorescent light may cost a little more than your conventional bulbs, but it helps you save over 70% of energy and lasts 10 times longer. Plus, they are also good for the environment.
- You should also cancel your daily newspaper subscription and read news online.
It not only gives you a wider affairs of the world and preferred news, but also helps you to save trees and cost.
- Use rechargeable batteries and dispose your old batteries in an accurate way.
- You can also use cloth napkins rather than paper ones. Those are more durable, they’ll help you in saving plenty of money and reduce your trash output and waste processing.
- One of the most important eco friendly budget friendly tips include reliable and efficient cooking.
Home cooked meals saves you a lot money and as compared to purchasing pre-made food, it also don’t require packaging from cardboard or plastic. Using efficient resources while cooking can save you extra bucks. Use a pressure cooker or cook with residual heat. You can also consider buying solar kitchen appliances that operate on the energy stored from the sunlight. Don’t use disposable plates, eat less meat and try to grow your own food, if possible. And most importantly, cook and take food that you can eat. Do not waste food.
- And when it comes to home renovation, you can also use many budget friendly eco friendly tips to make your home appear more beautiful than ever. You’ll find plenty of such tips on any good web magazine network that focus on environment. You can use vibrant and light color wallpapers to provide an elegant background on the walls, use do it yourself antique pieces to showcase on the shelf made from wooden frame and similar things. Install big windows on your rooms and use flowers and vase to enhance the appearance of your home. It requires a very less amount of money and still offers a unique and eye-catching exterior one could ever hope to obtain.
- A unique option to ensure healthy energetic lifestyle is to use energizing powers to keep yourself, your environment, your pets/plants and your relationships clean and positive. It is possible to learn in just 1 online session at drabdulsamad.com. You must give it a try as it is 100% secure (no side effect ever in last 2 decades) & positive.
These innovative and budget based eco friendly ideas would certainly help you feel proud of yourself by contributing your part to the conservation of the environment and that too without breaking your pocket. Using these eco friendly budget friendly tips may seem very common, but are quite effective if you utilize them properly and you will very much surprised to see how much you have saved in a month.