Holidays are all about giving and spreading love. So, why not give something to the earth by opting for recycled Christmas Decorations?
These recycled Christmas decorations are not only cheap, but they equally beautiful as regular Christmas decorations. Check out this list to know more!
- Felted Wool Christmas Wreaths: What is Felting? First you need to cut apart different colored woolen sweaters and separate the buttons. Put the wool in a washing machine on high heat and heavy soil setting. Use a drier and follow it by cutting squares of wool. Try different combination of colors and get cute wreaths.
- Recycled Christmas Cards Banner: The holiday cards that you receive and stack it away in a drawer can be lined up in Christmas decoration and use every year. Cut out equal sizes, glue to a string and put up in a cardstock and decorate them beautifully.
- Magazine Christmas Tree: Break the spine of the magazine, tear up a page and fold it like a tie. Use your origami skills to create a little Christmas tree.
- Hand Cut Paper Snowflakes: Properly fold and trim the papers with a knife to create snowflakes of different designs. Hang them from your ceilings or Christmas tree and feel the winter joyride inside your home.
- Wine Cork Reindeer: Making a reindeer out of wine cork is a child’s play, literally. A red bead for the nose, beads for eyes, a glue gun and a foot long brown chenille stem is all you will need to make this.
- Coffee Can Lid Wreath: Since can lids are usually not recycled due to their size constraint, you can start off with cutting through the lid and create a shape of donut using pipe cleaners that can be a great additive on Christmas tree top.
- Miniature Sock Monkey: Baby socks can be of great value while creating sock animals. Cut and sew to create the skin before filling it. Stuff the limbs and body separately and merge them. Give the facial touch-ups in the end.
- 8. Craft-stick Stars: Use three sticks and glue to form a triangle. Place such triangles atop each other to form a six-faced star. Otherwise use a V-shape, arrange symmetrically and glue them. Else make X-shape and combine as many as possible to create a fuller star.
- Decorated CDs: Create jewelry or stick a picture and decorate with glitters to make a perfect gift out of the used CDs.
- Used Light Bulb Snowman: Paint the body white with black facials on a cleaned but old light bulb. Use scarf and hat to add on the charm and hang the snowman from the Christmas tree.