Winter is for many one of the more gloomy seasons of the year. In those parts of the world where it is excessively cold people can hardly step out a lot. The overall cold and harsh weather kind of rubs onto you and you tend to be inactive compared to other seasons. But there is no reason to do so and in this article we decided to bring to you some fun DIY activities which you can indulge in on a snowy day. The kids in the house who tend to get all the more bored due to the absence of playing areas in the winter months will love these activities and enjoy themselves to the fullest.
Some funny activities to do on a snowy day
- Make a huge snow castle: This has somehow been termed more of a beach activity over the years. However it must be said that the sand castles are no match for their snow counterparts. Not only does snow hold together much better than sand, they are stronger and thus can be built to much greater heights. So make the most of your winter days and test your creative skills by putting together a string and gigantic ice castle. With kids this activity is going to be all the more fun and will impart valuable patience lessons for them.
- Graffiti on snow: Few parts of the world have snow all the year round but many parts experience snowfall in winters. So if painting is a hobby this is an activity you would be in love with. Just ensure that you do not use colors with harmful chemicals in them as that just lead to be an eco hazard. Apart from that, graffiti on snow can be one of the most enjoyable activities on a snowy day. Paint all that you have in mind and use the natural colors for your temporary artwork.
- A camp in the house: Outdoor camping for kids is more of a summer activity but that does not mean that during winters they have to sacrifice their love for camping. Set up a fun camp in the living room. Make it as realistic as you can with tents and blankets and some hot beverage. Your kids would love such DIY activities and it would enable them to enjoy the camping experience without the hazards of being out in the open in such harsh weather. To make the camp an even better place, have board games and chocolates to spend evenings warm and snug with fun games when it is snowing.
- Bake a treat: Winter is associated with the tastiest of treats and meals and it is all but incomplete without an array of delicious cakes. Try your hand in baking and even include your kids as a part of this activity. Not only is the cake making process fairly enjoyable it also has a delicious end result. Try making new cakes and cookies to be your snacks in the winter evenings. By the end of the season you would be an expert in baking with the repeated practice.
- Enjoy snow cones: Snow cones are an absolute treat for the kids. On a snowy day treat your kids to some delicious snow cones after a long and tiring day of play. For this, remember to collect the freshly fallen snow and bring them home. Use your favorite fruit juice or simply squeeze a lemon and add some sugar to it. It is so easy and simple to make that even kids can make their own snow cone. Try this out the next time when it is snowing.
- Create mosaics from old magazines: The winter holidays are a great time for your kids to brush up their art skills. You can help them in the process with this simple DIY activity. Get hold of some colorful old magazines and make the kids cut out small bits and pieces of these magazines to get a variety of colors. They can then create their own mosaic art on a snowy day. Apart from the general fun factor associated with this they will also have better art skills by the time winter is over.
- Have a fun play date with neighbors: Socialize when work is less or when it is not the best conditions to work. What better weather condition than the winter thus, if socializing with your neighboring kids is on your mind. Take time out to fix such a date where your kids can have a gala time playing with the neighboring kids. They can indulge in a wide range of activities and during the course of time not only will he have gained a friend but you will also get to know your neighbors better.
- A snowball tossing game: This is one of the most fun things that you can do on a snowy day. Take some snow and make snowballs and indulge in a snowball tossing game with your kids. Take adequate precaution for this activity and do not unduly prolong it. But with the right methods this will be a fun game to take part it in when the snow falls thick in front of your houses.
- Make a snowman: This again is a fun activity to be a part of when it is snowing. Make a snowman with impeccable features. To add to the fun you can pin up certain things to make the structure all the more realistic. Winter looks so much better with a snowman sitting pretty in front of your house.
It is a common notion that when it is snowing there is hardly anything to do but to sit indoors in the warmth. Now that you have read this article you surely know that it is anything but true and you can truly light up your winters by getting busy in these activities with kids. This winter make it feel like spring with such joyous activities.