Cars have always fascinated a lot of individuals and latest products have sent ripples down their spine! But did you know that you can recycle car parts to make wonderfully green products?
Yes! It’s true. From their use in making furniture to producing wearable products, car parts are taking recycling up by storm. Read on to know more:
- Hanging Hubcap Light: Starling Ink launched this $54.99 technological marvel hat that gives a contemporary aura to your home as well. Just affix it on any wall and see the eco-friendly device adorn the place.
- BMW Engine Cufflinks: BMW has its own elegance wherever it’s inscribed or written. Now this eminent brand is not just about being driven, as it can be worn too. Steven Shaver of California collects the BMW car parts, cleans and polishes them by hand to bring back luster in the metals. He then creates cufflinks out of these parts, which are up for buying at a price of $155. Even you can see BMW part numbers that was once etched in piston bearings.
- Volvo Recycled Center Cap Clock: The hubcap center of the clock is recycled and bears the official logo in the front. This $14.99 gadget is also a product from the garage of Starling Ink, Barrington, New Jersey.
- Up cycled Hubcap Clock in Hot Pink: Priced at $24.99, this one is meant for the girls and women out there. The pink car hubcap is the base of the clock and will also find its fans among car lovers.
- Vintage VW Vinyl Car Seat Wallet: After BMW, it’s turn for Volkswagen. Couch Guitar Straps of Long Beach, California, converts the car seat material into the handcrafted wallet. Available in multiple colors and size, the wallet costs less than twenty dollars including shipping.
- Mercedes Seat Leather Laptop Bag: Mercedes Benz vehicle has an extremely comfortable seat wrapped in high quality leather. You will not be disappointed to carry the $299 leather bag made in Canada from the leather seat covers.
- Recycled Seat Belt Guitar Strap: The guitar players who feel uncomfortable with their existing straps, it is time to rejoice. The bigger and better car belt recycled straps are available at $22.95 only, that too in many colors to suit your style.
- Cadillac Steering Wheel Belt Buckle: Belt buckles get a new groove with the recycled Cadillac steering wheel made by Hi Octane Jewelry. The $50 buckle even features the logo on front.
- Car Jack Table Lamp: Old rusted car jack has turned into a vintage support of lampshade available at $425 only.
- Auto Timing Gear Wall Clock: Another clock that looks like an extremely funky gear wheel. A perfect addition to garage or high tech office, the gadget is priced at $75 at Uncommon Goods.